*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804620-What-did-you-do-today-for-fun
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#804620 added January 26, 2014 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
What did you do today for fun?
What did you do today for fun?


I don't often have time or energy for fun.  But today I took the time to enjoy a Queen pageant.  I really enjoyed watching the girls ride and compete with each other for the title.  The fact that they cheered each other on and congratulated each other on their accomplishments showed a sportsmanship that you would expect from a rodeo queen.


These girls were all wholesome, down to earth cowgirls that were proud to compete for this title.  They will go on to become amazing inspirational young ladies who will do great things.  But for now I get to be proud of the fact that I have raised such a daughter.  One who will stand up and fight for what she wants; and even though she was disappointed and didn't win, will hold her chin up high moving forward with a smile.  She is already showing her will to persevere by starting to set goals that will help her win the Miss Cheney Rodeo title.  I don't know if she will be able to succeed in winning but I know she will be made bigger by the experience of trying. 


So here is to the one thing that brings me joy these days; the accomplishments of my children.  They will laugh, they will cry, they may scream; but they will always do their best to try and succeed. 



© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804620-What-did-you-do-today-for-fun