*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804690-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#804690 added January 26, 2014 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
It's just a little after five in the afternoon here in South Dakota, and I'm in here getting this written. What's up with that?

It's a blizzard, that's what's up. I worked this morning, and now I'm waiting for Rhonda to get done with her shift. The snow stopped, but the wind is shrieking at gusts of sixty miles an hour and the the temperature has dipped below zero.

Right now, it's two degrees below zero and the wind is blowing snow to the point of near zero visibility and a wind chill of minus twenty two degrees. The interstate is closed from Brookings to the Canadian border and no travel advised.

Yet here I sit waiting, which is better than driving home in this only to have to come back in for Rhonda and then drive home again. It's been busy at work, too. That's what makes it so miserable, people are still out shopping and I even seen on fool in shorts.

I know there are some who do have good reason to be out, but most of these people are just out for something to do. Me, I'd like to not be out. If I had a choice, I'd just stay home when the weather is nasty, writing, reading, and playing some games would be fine with me.

Funny, I have no choice I have to be out in this ad prefer to be home enjoying a cozy day with Rhonda and the two dogs. Meanwhile, here's a whole slew of folks who can stay home and prefer to go out in this nasty weather. It must be terrible to not be able to stay home without getting bored.

These must be the same kids who whined daily, "I'm bored." Never ind they had every toy imaginable, cable television, every game, and anything else they desired. They just never had the ability to enjoy life, needing always to have something stimulate them.

Me, I didn't have much, but I had an imagination and with it I could entertain myself for hours with very little. I still can. No, my problem isn't needing something to do, it's having too much to do and wanting more time to spend with my imagination again.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804690-Sunday