*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804868-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#804868 added January 27, 2014 at 10:25pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
It's getting late on me, so not much time to write. Today I have a good excuse for not getting in here sooner; I wasn't home. It was suppose to be my day off; Monday and Tuesday are my off days for the week. Yesterday, a blizzard moved into the area and that changed everything.

It wasn't a bad storm, luckily we only got an inch or two of snow. But the wind continued to pick up speed throughout the day, and by mid afternoon, it was impairing visibility drastically. I was done work by two in the afternoon, just ahead of the storm. We had already received some snow, and it was windy, but not severe -- yet.

Rhonda dropped me off in the morning, and since it was still pretty nice out, came back home. By one she was at work, the weather was getting much worse. She had an hour to burn up, so she went for some lunch, and an hour later, it was bad, just all around bad. it was snowing and the wind had picked up a lot. Visibility was down and it was getting colder.

I didn't want to drive twenty five miles home in this, just to turn around in a couple hours and drive back in to pick her up, so I stayed in town all afternoon. She got done around eight thirty and we drove the twenty five miles home. It took over an hour, and a couple of times it was so bad we had to stop dead on the road until the wind let up enough to see the road again.

At times we could only see about five feet, during the good spells, we had maybe twenty feet, and at the worst, we could not see the end of the hood. It was now gusting to sixty miles an hour, and the temperature had dropped to ten below zero. We did make it home, through limited visibility and some massive snow drifts.

I knew that the opeing guard would not be able to drive in this morning, so I called him last night to let him know I would work for him. Knowing the roads were not plowed, I also told Rhonda to stay home. So, I worked the opening shift, then worked the afternoon shift. All on three hours of sleep.

Once I was home, I changed into some comfortable cloths, enjoyed supper, and then came in here to get this done. Next, I shall enjoy a nice brandy, the beverage not the person, and then it's time for this writer to turn in and dream.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804868-Monday