*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804711-Day-26-Weekly-Recap
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#804711 added January 26, 2014 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
Day 26: Weekly Recap
*Written as part of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS

Day 26 Prompt: Blog. Tell us about your week. Include your favorite blog entry from your fellow challengers from the preceding week and, most importantly, why.

"Busy" seems to be the word that best describes the first few weeks of 2014. I had Monday off work for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday, but as short work weeks so often go, the other four days were stressful and unrelenting as we tried to cram five days' worth of work into four. Once again, I'm grateful for the group of people I work with, because the anxiety that comes with a packed work schedule is so much easier to bear when you like and get along with the people who are stuck in the boat right alongside you. My wife and I did have a very nice three-day weekend, though. We got caught up on our rest and the extra day off really helped us feel relaxed. I'm convinced the extra day of rest is what gave us the energy to get through the arduous week.

Around WdC, I've been keeping busy as usual. A relatively new member of the "Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group approached me about advice for starting his own unofficial newsletter group, so I've been advising him about what items to create, how to go about writing and distributing the newsletter, etc. We decided to collaborate on a one-off short story contest as a way to promote his new group, so we created "The Superpowered Erotica Contest, which is open for entries through February 15th. Other than that, I'm finishing up the Winter Blogging Challenge over at "Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond, and in the semifinals of "Invalid Item, facing off against Annette for a spot in the finals against either Brother Nature or blainecindy. I'm going to need all the help I can get if I'm going to beat two of these three excellent bloggers!

As far as my favorite blog posts of the week, I really enjoyed "Invalid Entry by {suser_id:}, but I think Prosperous Snow celebrating wins the week for having two of my favorite blog entries this week: "Wildcard Monday: Youth in the Age of Transition and "Opinion Thursday: 90% of the world population. I really enjoyed the "90% human extinction" prompt; I think it required the most thought and that a lot of people answered the question particularly well.

Other than that, I'm just getting ready for the week ahead, including a UENG newsletter that's coming up, as well as our book club activity that we're trying for the first time. As usual, just trying to keep active! *Smile*

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804711-Day-26-Weekly-Recap