*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804852-Monday-beginnings
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#804852 added January 27, 2014 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Monday beginnings
Monday, a good day to give it a whirl. Nothing else is whirling in this stagnant air. Our valley has been wearing this inversion like a pall all month. Everything feels gray and lifeless. The fact that I haven't been able to shake this cough makes it worse. Maybe not worse, maybe just part of the same landscape. I don't feel much like going out in the below freezing air, or doing much inside either. I guess that's better than having wonderful, enticing activities out there that I don't feel much up to. It's a draw, isn't it?

Monday night is always a good night for me because it's one when Bill is reliably otherwise occupied. So, whatever I do, I can do it uninterrupted.

This is the first quarter in a long time that I'm not taking some classes, either writing or painting. Nothing serious, all taught at the community college in a program for 50+ yr old folks like me. It's been fun and has kept me writing, but I felt like I was paying just to have an audience and not learning anything new in the process. Not that that was all bad. Both the motivation and the audience were worthwhile. Still, I was out of town when they signed up earlier this month and I decided to skip it.

The first six months of my retirement I tried to keep to a schedule as everyone advises. I did things I wanted to do, like water aerobics a couple of times a week, and the aforementioned classes. It really was a little busier than I wanted to be though. Everything is in the next town over, and if something else required my presence one of those days but at a different time, I'd be stuck making the drive twice.

Anyway, this quarter I'm dedicating to cleaning out closets and maybe blogging here regularly. I still haven't committed very well, have I? Well, we'll see how it shakes out.

© Copyright 2014 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804852-Monday-beginnings