*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805076-My-History-with-Console-Gaming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#805076 added January 29, 2014 at 4:27pm
Restrictions: None
My History with Console Gaming
Jan 29, 2014


BCOF Prompt


What do you think of console gaming? Have you ever tried it?

I have a huge history with console gaming, and here it goes. I started gaming when I was just a little girl with the used Atari that my Dad bought from a pawn shop. The game he got with it was Pac Man. I simply loved it! Then later on I Dad bought me Centerpied, Frogger, Pong, and Galaga. I guess I wore that sucker out because it blew up and fried the tv too. We later found out that the old Atari consoles had a tendency to damage old TVs. After that, I mostly just played games at truck stops and arcades until I was 14.

When I was 14, I got a Nintendo for my birthday. I don't know if anyone remembers the old 8 bit systems the ones that came with Mario brother and Duck Hunt. One of my favorite games to play when Friday the 13th, where you had to rescue the children at the camp from Jason. My desire for gaming did wear off for several years, but I did start again when I was 18 when I played Mortal Kombat on my friend's Sega Genieses (I forgot how to spell it). For those who aren't familiar with Sega. This was their first system, a 16 bit. My brother soon got s Super Nintendo, a 16 bit, that came with Super Mario Brothers.

The gaming bug vanished for another three years until I bought my brother a Sega Saturn (32 bit system). I played a game called Mr. Bones. It was a pretty funny game about a skeleton playing a guitar. After that, I more or less watched my brother play games on the Playstation, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3, and I also bought him a Ninendo Game Cube when he was in high school.

I got the gaming bug again when the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS came out. I have them both. I like to exercise using the balance board playing Wii fit and I have a collection of DS games: Diner Dash (both of them), Cake Mania (all four of them), Burger Island, Hell's Kitchen, Cooking Mama 1 and 2, and Harvest Moon DS (I play this from time to time, but I usually get bored with this one after a while).


News In My World!


I have some good news! I've lost another pound! I've now lost 6 pounds in all. I still have 34 more pounds to lose to reach my first goal on April 27th.

It's still cold here in Mississippi. The snow has melted today. I really hope it warms up soon.

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805076-My-History-with-Console-Gaming