*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805164-Day-30-Youre-never-too-old-to-dream-a-new-dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#805164 added January 30, 2014 at 1:40pm
Restrictions: None
Day 30: "You're never too old to dream a new dream"
*Written as part of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS

Day 30 Prompt: Give me your best advice when trying something new. On the first day (yesterday), tell me the story of when you tried something for the first time and failed. What did you do after that? On the second day (today), tell me about a future plan to try something new (a New Year's Resolution perhaps?). We all know writing down our goals can help in motivating us to achieve them - so don't delay! Wink Your blogging peers will support you!


I'm not sure that this classifies as 100% new because I've attempted it before, but I really want to write more poetry this year. For the most part, I'm a prose writer. Screenplays, articles, short stories, novels... I like stringing together sentences and tend to shy away from more poetic forms of expression simply because I don't really have a background or any real experience with it. In writing up my blog entry last night , though, I realized that I want poetry to be more like my screenwriting and less like my guitar-playing. Which means that I need to enter contests and practice, practice, practice rather than giving it a weak initial effort then shoving my rhyming dictionary into a closet for another six months only to dust it off and repeat the process all over again.

It may not be pretty, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail (likely a whole bunch!), but I'm hoping that by giving poetry a legitimate shot, I can look back at the end of 2014 and be both proud of what I've written, and proud of where I'm at with my poetic writing ability. *Smile*

© Copyright 2014 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805164-Day-30-Youre-never-too-old-to-dream-a-new-dream