*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805213-Congeniality
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#805213 added January 30, 2014 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Congeniality
Woops, I just spent my blogging time reading blogs and answering emails. That's a trap, isn't it? But then again, the social part of the site is what makes it worthwhile, and those are the dues. I mean, if i just wanted to write, I could do that without the wdc audience, such as it is. Even if just a few read it though, or even if they don't, I have a feeling that I'm writing to someone, and that feels right. I tried a regular blog on blogspot for awhile, but I noticed my friend who did the same was constantly asking for people's opinions, like, trying to get them to participate. There was a contrived feeling about it, like when a group leader asks, "And what do you think?" and you know she doesn't really care.

I'm in a small discussion group with two friends (that's small!) reading an old book I've read before, Women Who Run with the Wolves. It does make very interesting discussion, and we all truly do care what each other thinks. Because I wrote about neatness yesterday, I noticed how very neat but also warm even thought provoking our hostess keeps her house. I love the way the pictures are arranged, and I know they all mean something to her, not just decor items. She is very creative, and her rooms are endearing as well as traditional, enduring. She just turned eighty, amazingly enough. She is a marvelous role model: a priest's wife who was director of nurses at the hospital and raised four children to be strong and fine adults. She's a terrific cook, makes soup in the church soup kitchen every month like I do but with more self-confidence, which comes from years of soup making and bread baking. She's lead a lot of groups that are Jungian inspired and has so much insight.

So that was my fun for today. We've not been meeting through the holidays, and it was good to be back together. Hospitality. That's a wonderful gift.

© Copyright 2014 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805213-Congeniality