*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805559-What-Makes-People-Special
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#805559 added February 2, 2014 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
What Makes People Special
In the light of the superbowls immanence I am faced with what makes anyone special. As I thought about all the people will tune in to this game, I also think of all those who could care less. They hype for the game costs millions. All the players are millionaires many times over. They are some of the best atheletes in the world. If one looks at the whole production one might think they have found out what specialness is all about. They certainly would not think to go to any third world country, cancer ward, prison or slum in the middle of nowhere.*FacePalm*

My immediate thought was to consider my Christian roots. What made Jesus so special? Jesus became like us so that we might find our way to God. He was born in a manger, chose fishermen and tax collectors as his best friends and in the end was crucified on a cross, calling out "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." As he got ready to give up his last breath he felt forsakenness for taking all our sin on himself. *Shock*

I am leary of taking on a Messiah complex. My minister Uncle did this and became suicidal for several years because he felt like he could never be good enough. There is a gift being offered to a waiting world and there is nothing any one could do to earn it. I will be curious to hear what all the millionaire atheletes will say at the end of the super bowl can it even near compare to the words that come from the cross in our behalf. What makes people special? After the superbowl is over, you decide.*RollEyes*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805559-What-Makes-People-Special