*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805899-Give-It-100-Part-Two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1799901
Come sit with me on the porch. We'll sip lemonade and talk. . .
#805899 added February 5, 2014 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
Give It 100! Part Two
I like this idea so much that I was inspired by another member to take on a second goal. I decided to spend at least fifteen minutes a day getting my house in order, more on the weekends. I work full-time and deal with rheumatoid arthritis, so it will be a slow process. My husband has been disabled for about eighteen months, so things have really piled up on us.

But it's time to stop waiting for the organizing fairy to clean up our mess. Together, we're going to make a little progress each day for 100 days. This is an exciting motivator. I find that the ten-second videos are a big part of the motivation. I know I'm going to have to show evdience of the progress, and it pushes me to make my goal, even at the end of a very long day. And the video could not be easier to upload from my phone. It allows me more time to work on my projects rather than spending a lot of time reporting my progress.

My husband thought I was a little looney when I went into our bedroom at 9:00 p.m. (his bedtime) and announced I was going to spend at least fifteen minutes cleaning up. He couldn't resist helping, which was part of my tactic. Then, normally shy of making a talking video in front of others, I boldly video taped the progress. I simply informed him that it was part of a commitment I had made and that the video was necessary. He didn't say anything, to my relief.

It's been fun and challenging finding a way to say enough about the progress and stay within the ten-second limit. It's like in our writing. We have to say the most with the fewest, most descriptive words.

If you have a goal—any goal—that you're ready to take seriously, join our WDC group "Give It 100!, where you will learn more about the actual website that host this project. It's really neat!

By the way, in our WDC group, we are rewarded for meeting our goals. We need donations to make that happen. If anyone's interested in sponsoring me, just click on the link above or the image below and post it in the forum. I am in need of sponsors at this point. *Smile* *Heart* *Kiss*

© Copyright 2014 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805899-Give-It-100-Part-Two