*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806331-Historys-effect
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#806331 added February 8, 2014 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
History's effect
In the light of the Olympics being on, I was faced with how history impacts each person and group. I was up late last night and watched the rerun of the opening program. The part that touched me most was the montage about Russian history. I have done some reading and formed my own opinions. It was quite another experience to hear what history meant from the perspective of those who were in it. The Russians saw themselves as dreamers. I think most people can relate to that view. I have been called a dreamer from day one. Then were all the times of history offered up from the beginning to the present. As with any history there were the rough spots like the Russian revolution and communist reign that last well into the eighties. They used theater and dance to share a total experience that felt familiar.

With that in mind I look at my own history. As I have already noted I am a dreamer. I have had my Peter the Great moments and times as horrific as the Russian revolution and cold war reign. I just had never put a name to the trauma. I wonder how it would look in a combination of theater and dance. Even the time of revolution in Russia had a positive for the country, industrialization. Maybe I could find something to glean from my past instead of beating myself up with it. Everyone has a history, and I believe what we do with it is our gift to the creator of history, God. It sure puts the Bible in perspective. Through all manner of trauma I am here to say that faith will find a way!!!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806331-Historys-effect