*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806395-Rootin-For-My-Baby-Saturday-Night-Rants
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Emotional · #1972378
It's time for me to start fresh
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#806395 added February 9, 2014 at 1:51am
Restrictions: None
Rootin' For My Baby (Saturday Night Rants)
Lately, I've found myself exploring pop music a little more than usual. I love just listening to the words, because you can tell which songs were made for listening, and which songs were made for dancing, which is so neat to me. I also play around with the idea of taking the rhythm and lyrics of a song and flipping the genre completely. For instance, Selena Gomez's song "Slow Down" being redone into something Marilyn Manson-esque. Next time you listen to it, I challenge you to listen to it with new ears, hearing what Marilyn Manson would have made of the song if they had simply handed him this song.

Another thing that can be fascinating is actually hearing snippets of the artists life being played on a track. In Miley Cyrus's song "4x4" she mentions lying to "L". She was engaged to Liam Hemsworth. I doubt the choice was coincidental.

Then you have Artists like Alice Cooper and Eminem who create characters and live them and grow them in their songs. It's absolutely fascinating.

© Copyright 2014 Ellie Brooks (UN: goldenmoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ellie Brooks has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806395-Rootin-For-My-Baby-Saturday-Night-Rants