*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806460-Attitude-Adjustment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1799901
Come sit with me on the porch. We'll sip lemonade and talk. . .
#806460 added February 9, 2014 at 4:58pm
Restrictions: None
Attitude Adjustment
I had a delightful time at the Ladies' Retreat. I am spiritually uplifted and my mind is refreshed and in a relaxed and positive mood. I think it did me a world of good, which shows how important it is to take a day or two now an d then to revitalize yourself, physically, spiritually, and mentally. I'm a better person for attending the retreat.

The topic of all the lessons was the importance of giving of ourselves and our talents. It helped me re-frame my thoughts and attitude about my husband's disability. I had really felt disappointed and really a bit angry that I no longer have the husband I had 18 months ago. I'm now left with making all the decisions, doing all the driving, all the housework, all the discipline and managing of our sixteen-year-old. I'm even in charge of my husband's health. I have to be sure he takes his medicine, remind him daily to take a bath (and put on clean clothes), and push him to take daily walks. This is all in addition to working a full-time job, which includes an hour commute (round trip). 

I haven't been as gracious about that as I wish I had been, but I think things are going to change now. I'm looking at my husband as a person with a disability, not as my husband who no longer helps me with things. That may not make sense, but it's the only way I can explain it. Instead of thinking about what I've lost, I'm thinking about what he has lost. I love my husband and want to be faithful (loyal) to him until death parts us. In order to keep my vow, I need to change my attitude and, out of love, treat him as the one who has given up so much of his life.

I hope my actions will mirror that change perspective. It's difficult with Rheumatoid Arthritis, but right now I have my daughter and her husband here to help me.

I'm sorry I missed writing in my journal yesterday, but the retreat was so worth it. After I got home, I had a million errands to run, and I simply couldn't sit down and write about how much I enjoyed the retreat.

To leave you with a little something to think about, I'm asking each of you to think about your own attitudes. Is there something in your life that needs an attitude adjustment--some resentment, some grudge, some past hurt, some present aggravation? You can't change other people. You can only change yourself and your attitude. I hope to share with you my progress with this commitment.




Make punctuation work for YOU.
"Punctuation Inc.
at "Invalid Item

Click here to join me!

Green Pat made by Gervic
"Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's TROUBLES; it takes away today's PEACE~"

Come sit with me on the porch.
We'll have a glass of lemonade and talk.

"On the Porch with Pat







Make punctuation work for YOU.
"Punctuation Inc.
at "Invalid Item

Click here to join me!

Green Pat made by Gervic
"Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's TROUBLES; it takes away today's PEACE~"

Come sit with me on the porch.
We'll have a glass of lemonade and talk.

"On the Porch with Pat



© Copyright 2014 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806460-Attitude-Adjustment