*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806479-This-ones-about-times-of-trouble
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#806479 added February 9, 2014 at 8:49pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about times of trouble.
MOB-RELATED ACTIVITY:

February 2014 Blog Mob - Join or ...


What's up y'all? Looks like the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS Blog Mob is gonna be without its bOSS (with an uncapital B) Brother Nature for another day. Word on the street is someone's come after his beloved Andre The Blog Monkey, and they're holding him hostage. They've requested the Blog Mob's help, and I say we take them up on their offer.

** Image ID #1976307 Unavailable **
Email or IM me for the passkey if you need it.


Each day, one of us is gonna take possession of Andre...but he doesn't come cheap. He'll need some maintenance, and you'll have to try to show him a good time. For your effort in hiding him from Joel, a donation of 1,000 gift points should be made to "30-Day Bloggers Group. If you wish to keep him for longer than a day, it'll only cost an additional 500 gp's. And if you're given Andre but wish to decline him altogether, we still ask that you pay a 100gp transfer fee donation. It's not much, it goes toward this very group that we're participating in right now, and it's a freakin' blogging monkey that's been kidnapped. What more do you want??

And when you're with Andre, please tell us of your adventures with him. Did you take him somewhere and he caused a scene? Did you guys get drunk and pass out at Taco Bell? Maybe he was flirting with a lady in the produce department of the local grocery store because she had bananas. Just...keep an eye on him, whatever you do.

And if Joel's so inclined to want his beloved monkey back, it's gonna cost him dearly as part of his punishment for deserting the mob the last few days...I've been told for 5,000 gift points (donated to the 30 Day Bloggers Group) and the review of three Blog Mob members' blogs, Andre will go back to where he belongs. If Joel even wants him. {e;smirk}

BCF PROMPT: Since it's Sunday and there's no prompt, I think me and Andre are gonna chill and try to see if I can stream some of that special on CBS about the Beatles' 50th anniversary of their arrival in America. What are the chances of hearing this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCE0z4V3USQ?

After that me and the monkey will take a trip around Downtown Cortland, where it's snowing like hell so maybe that'll help him feel like home a little. Not sure what else we're gonna do yet but I can almost smell the trouble...yep, he flung poop at a neighbor already. Time to get outta here...

MUSICAL BREAK!!

** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **


Like I said, this week's the 50th anniversary of the Beatles landing in America. I wasn't around for Beatlemania, and after yesterday's entry I got a message from my mother saying she didn't own any Beatles LP's, but both of our memories could be spotty. There definitely was a lot of time spent listening to "the oldies" growing up though, and The Beatles were always in rotation on the radio.

As I got older I could hear their influence on so many other bands, both of their generation and in music that came after them. I would buy their cds and trace their growth as musicians. You can't do that with a lot of bands these days; people want bands to keep making the same music, and then get pissed when they realize all their records sound alike. Society is too fickle.

I think we all know the story behind "Let It Be" (album: Let It Be {link:http://www.amazon.com/Let-It-Be-The-Beatles/dp/B0025KVLV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391994240&sr=8-1&keywords=beatles+let+it+be}; lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/beatles/letitbe.html: Paul McCartney wrote this about the passing of his mother. Nearly twenty years ago my best friend, the brother DMFM, was watching his mom go through a battle with cancer that would ultimately claim her.

We were all at the funeral, a big row of friends...if you knew Dave, you knew his mom. She was the sweetest lady. She meant the world to so many people. Dave has mentioned one of his fondest memories is that day, when he turned around, seeing all of us there for him and his family.

After paying our respects and having brunch, I had to go to work. I hadn't realized what cd was in my car's radio; I just turned it up and sang along. "Two Of Us", "I Dig A Pony" and "I've Got A Feeling" are great songs when you're zippin' down an open stretch of road at 55mph trying to clear your mind of the day's events...and then "Let It Be" came on, and I lost it. I'd been strong all day- I don't get very emotional in public- but something about being alone with my thoughts and that song...I bawled the rest of the way to the mall I was working at during that time. I composed myself in the parking lot as best I could, and it was only a four hour shift, but it couldn't have ended fast enough.

Even to this day, whenever I hear the song, I get a little feeling of sadness inside. Cheers and RIP to a great lady.



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Vinylb* Rolling Stone had a nice article recently about the Beatles coming to America and our country's original perception of them. I came across this earlier today, and it's interesting as well...http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/beatles-musically-article-1.....

*Hockeyhelmet* Andre's already gotten himself into some mischief.

** Image ID #1976448 Unavailable **


I'm gonna wrap this up here and now because I've been screwin' around all evening on this and managed to lose an entire blog entry in the process, which is never fun. Peace, there will be an answer, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806479-This-ones-about-times-of-trouble