*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806876-Im-ready-to-heal-Im-ready-to-feel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#806876 added February 12, 2014 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
I'm ready to heal, I'm ready to feel
** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **



DAY 12

Song: "World Behind My Wall"
Artist: Tokio Hotel
Album: Humanoid (2009)






Tokio Hotel is a band that's never quite taken off in the U.S. (except for an MTV Music Video Award in 2008 for "Ready, Set, Go!"), but is extremely popular in Europe, particularly in their native Germany where the band has had a string of number-one singles and albums, and has sold nearly five million albums to date. In 2007 they recorded their first English-language album, Scream (the album featuring "Ready, Set, Go!"), and then followed it up with Humanoid which features the song I picked today.

I honestly can't remember how I first came to hear this song, but it totally stuck with me and I've been a fan of the band ever since. They're working on another studio album now for release later in 2014, and I'm excited to see where they go in their careers. I really respect the fact that they have a plan for branching out into music that's more accessible to the rest of the world even though they're originally from Germany, and I really respect the fact that - at least for Humanoid since Scream was more of an English-version of their hits from past albums - they made an effort to create both an English and a German version so they can try to reach new English-speaking fans while not completely leaving behind the audience that made them so popular in the first place.

I have a few of their other songs on my iTunes, including "Automatic" and "Darkside of the Sun" and I really like the industrial sound mixed with the almost haunting-sounding vocals (especially in the case of "World Behind My Wall"). I'm trying to expand my horizons into more world music and I'm really happy with what I discovered in Tokio Hotel.

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806876-Im-ready-to-heal-Im-ready-to-feel