*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807099-When-Walmart-is-a-Welcome-Relief
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#807099 added February 17, 2014 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
When Walmart is a Welcome Relief
Today it finally started to warm up a little. At twenty below I burn a pickup load of wood every three days. Today it was almost 20 degrees F. What a welcome relief.

For the past week I had been looking for the tail and elevator to my Cub Cadet. Yesterday I found them underneath the passenger seat of my Prius. I wanted to dance a jig of sheer delight. Ron, who is covering the model told me I needed to find it ASAP. I was so happy I called him right up with the news.

I'm taking a course offered here at WDC. I'm enjoying it and getting to read the material of my fellow students. They are quite talented.

We went shopping today and it was good to get out of the house. This time of Winter is when the "Cabin Fever" sets in and even something as mundane as Walmart is a welcome relief. Looking at the diversity of people is a great reminder that there is a world outside the confines of the farm.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807099-When-Walmart-is-a-Welcome-Relief