*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807214-How-You-Say-It
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#807214 added February 16, 2014 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
How You Say It
Well, (As an old Grammar School teacher used to say... "The WELL is getting deeper.") the time has come in the day when I need to feed the cats and fill up the wood stove. My shed is half full as of this date and I think I am just going to let it run dry. I had some oak delivered last week but it is still green and needs to be seasoned for next year. So, (The thread is getting shorter) unless I cut some trees down what I have gathered is what I have to last the rest of the winter season.

I am taking this HSP class called Romantica. The reason I am taking it is because I need to practice writing my own brand of restrained "Sensual Prose" for my novels. On the one hand I don't want to offend those readers who tend to be a bit more traditional and straight laced. On the other Ignoring that aspect of the human experience is in my view something of a cop out.

I've been working at acquiring this deft touch ever since coming to WDC and find the genre an extremely difficult one to write in. The question is of course, how much is enough? Finding the fulcrum is a real challenge because for different folks it rests on different points along the continuum. What might be shocking to some readers will leave others non-pulsed.

The search has brought me now almost full circle. I went from ignoring the issue, to exploring the graphic dimension and have slowly been dialing it back to see how much the unsaid can be allowed to say. I know that doesn't make sense to many but if you have been married awhile you realize that the "unsaid" always has plenty to say. What isn't said can be as powerful a form of expression as speaking in plain English.

Thus, I know its late and I hear you yawning, is that Percy has once more stumbled into a realization of the obvious. How you say something is as important as what you blab. Duh!


© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807214-How-You-Say-It