*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807226-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#807226 added February 15, 2014 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
It's about bed time again, and here I am just getting in here to write. I'm in 750 words again, and doing good so far; today is my seventeenth day in a row. I'll copy and paste after i get this done.

It's bedtime, like I mentioned, but not so bad tonight. It's Saturday night, and even though I have to work tomorrow, I don't have to be there before time starts, like the rest of the week. Sundays I get to sleep in and don't have to be to work until eight o'clock. This Sunday has a nice change, too. See, normally Sundays were a later start, but then I had to stay later, too. But not this Sunday, starting tomorrow, we will have three shifts going, so I will be done by noon. A four hour shift is going to be nice.

After I get done work, I'm going to be heading out to the lake to try some ice fishing with my brother, Len. He will pick me up at work, so I will need to bring my stuff along in with me. Then, we go out fishing for the afternoon. When we get done, he will drive me home, since we are going to be fishing close to the house. This will save us some miles on the Jimmy, which means less gas, and therefore we save a little money as well. It will also save me some time, since I won't have to drive back in to pick Rhonda up. She will have the Jimmy at work and can just come home when she's done.

Then, on Monday it's back to the routine of getting up before time, but it's only one day and then I have two days off. Rhonda will have three, and the way it's set right now, the week after I get three again. We switch off for the extra day off, so every other Thursday I get a day off with my Monday and Tuesday. That may be changing very soon, however.

We are going to be getting another vehicle on Monday, not anything new, just an older van similar to the one we had. It's a couple of grand, not much for a vehicle, but it's all we can afford. In fact, we are kind of strapped right now, so we can't even afford that. But, Len said he would finance us, and we can make payments back to him. Hopefully we can get some extra hours here and there, so we can pay him off sooner. That's why I'm thinking of ending the extra day off every other week.

Once we get into double coverage at work, we can pick up a few more hours, and that will help out, too. We can also cut back on a few other things, and find little ways to save a buck here and a couple more there. We should be able to pay it back pretty quickly, since he really doesn't have the money to spare either. Just having two vehicles again will save us fifty miles a day. That's a nice two hundred and fifty miles a week, at about fifteen miles per gallon that's a nice chunk of change each week. If I figured it correctly, that's fifty bucks a week, and two hundred bucks a month. Also, the van will get better mileage, so the actual savings will be higher.

I may even double up with Rhonda a couple of days a week and just stay in town until she gets done. That would save a little more, too. I have my netbook, so I can go over to HyVee and log in on there WiFi and do some stuff online or else work on things for work, so I can get more of my stuff done at home. This will be easier now that we are getting into some nicer weather, or else I would have done this a bit more already. I have a couple of times, but with the dogs it's too cold if we bring them with.

Things are starting to look up a bit, but it's going to be tight. Somehow, I know it will work, we just have to set our minds to it, and do what we can to try and get ahead a little again as well as to get Len paid off as soon as we can. I don't think we will get much back for taxes, but what we get can be used to help out, too. Also, I may be able to sell the other van and we could also apply that towards the amount owed. All in all, we should do pretty good. Now, if only the insurance would come through and we could get some money out of the old van to pay towards the new one.

Well, I'm off for bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807226-Saturday