*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807594-Everybodys-got-the-fever
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#807594 added February 19, 2014 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
Everybody's got the fever

DAY 19

Song: "Fever (Adam Freeland Remix)"
Artist: Sarah Vaughan & Adam Freeland
Album: Verve Remixed 3 (2005)






As you may have discovered from past entries like "Now can I get an encore, do you want more and "In the Hall of the Mountain King, I'm a huge fan of rearrangements. I love it when an artist can come up with a new way to present a classic or popular piece of music, especially when it's done really well. I haven't listened to all of this album (or other albums in the Verve Remixed series), but Adam Freeland's remix of Sarah Vaughan's classic "Fever" is probably one of the best remixes I've heard. I love the fact that Freeland used enough restraint to accentuate Vaughan's vocals, rather than trying to overpower them with modern beats. There's a great balance of vocals and electronic music which really makes this remix stand out.

I didn't know much about Adam Freeland (or the electronic music scene) prior to hearing this song, but since then I've grown to have a real appreciation for DJs - the good ones at least - and their ability to combine the old and the new into something fresh and exciting. I actually heard this song for the first time on an episode of Castle, and I liked it so much I had to track it down and figure out who turned one of my wife's favorite songs into a club mix. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807594-Everybodys-got-the-fever