*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807656-Connections-commitments-and-writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#807656 added February 20, 2014 at 1:54am
Restrictions: None
Connections, commitments, and writing
Today I went to my second ever writing meeting at Auntie’s Book Store.  I felt like I have always belonged to this group simply because of the connections and friendships I have made this last month.  Tonight was amazing; there were so many new people with new ideas, projects, and connections to share.  I truly enjoyed every minute of this meeting and look forward to many more.


I read the introduction to my new novel and was surprised at the reaction.  The comments and critiques were very helpful and I should be able to improve this small piece of work with just a little editing.  I am excited to say that today I was able to pretend to be the confident girl I used to be instead of the introverted adult I have become.  It felt good to stand up there and read the words that I have written to people who truly seemed to be enjoying it.  I was such a rewarding and fulfilling experience.


The time at the end to make connections and visit with other authors who are as passionate as I about writing was phenomenal.  Maybe I am just imagining things but I feel that I may have just helped a few people to get on their way to becoming published authors themselves.  And hopefully I have made some connections that will help us all in the ongoing projects we are working on.  It made me excited for the upcoming writing conference I am scheduled to attend next month where there will be more opportunities like this.


I have been thinking to myself that I need to cut back on things again as it seems I am spending many hours away from the house.  But I cannot bring myself to give this up again. I have made so many sacrifices that it is time that I make myself focus on me once in a while.  I guess once a month I can commit to giving my ego the needed boost to inspire me to write on!



© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807656-Connections-commitments-and-writing