*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807999-This-ones-about-over-as-fast-as-it-escalated
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#807999 added February 23, 2014 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about over as fast as it escalated.
MOB-RELATED ACTIVITY:

February 2014 Blog Mob - Join or ...


Good evening friends! Hello, and what is up?? It's Sunday, a day where usually all the major WDC outlets for creativity are normally shut down for purposes of rest and reflection, but today was different. It was a special occasion. It was..."The PreQuill Gala (7th Annual Quills).

I imagine I'll be getting a notification of some sort soon from the principal's office asking me to rescind my offer to present an award at next week's running of "The Quills, lest it be done for me, in part due to my boorish behavior during the gala event.

It was my first time at one of these WDC-sponsored shindigs, and in all fairness I did try to keep my outbursts corralled to the separate chat room (I totally forgot WDC still even had chat rooms, because I also forgot it wasn't 1998 on AOL for Netscape as well *Smirk*). I realized after about five minutes of being there (no, not five minutes after the start time of 6pm...more like five minutes to six) that I'm not really cut out for those kind of affairs. Not me people. Not my crowd.

So I did what I normally do when I'm bored and uncomfortable...I make everyone else uncomfortable, or at least try to. Because leaving's just not good enough. I think here's the point where I should apologize to Elle - on hiatus for calling her a "tomorrow-liver". Sorry 'bout that. *Laugh*

But yeah, special thanks to the folks that stuck around the chat room with me. It was a ton more fun. I don't even remember who all was in there...Charlie ~ , Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC , Shaye , Patrece ~ , Andrew and the rest (sorry if I forgot). We'll meet up next week in front of the shot fountain and do it all over again, deal? Now, if you don't mind, I have to go get my "t-shirt that looks like a tuxedo" dry-cleaned so I can pick it up in time for the actual Quill Awards...I'd hate to have to wear my Guido tuxedo (complete with the v-neck t-shirt that exposes my fake gold rope chain and my bountiful, luscious chest hair).

And always remember...when someone wants to call you a cab, let them. They're not comparing you to a vehicle meant for others to pick up and transport random strangers to different destinations. Also, "I'll give you a stern talking to" is not nearly as imposing as "I'll knock your effing teeth out". Capisce?

MUSICAL BREAK!!

** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **


Ever hear a song, listen closely to the lyrics, and have it mean one thing to you, but then see the video and realize it means something quite different, or maybe even the opposite? I guess that's the gift and the curse of interpretation. I'd been talking to a girl who lived halfway across the country many years ago, and for awhile things were maybe a little more serious than they should've been. Music was a big part of our conversations, as we'd had many similar interests, and "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" by The White Stripes (album: White Blood Cells {link:http://www.amazon.com/White-Blood-Cells-The-Stripes/dp/B001AP11LG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393207574&sr=8-1&keywords=the+white+stripes+white+blood+cells}: lyrics: http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/41881/) was one of our favorites because of the lines "If I could just hear your pretty voice I don't think I need to see at all" and "Every breath that is in your lungs is a tiny little gift to me". I'm pretty sure it showed up on one of the cd's we'd sent to each other. But like I said, the video painted a contrasting picture...maybe one you don't see in the lyrics when you're more concerned with how crazy you are about the other person and not as much with how crazy you are for feeling a certain way about someone. In the end, "I didn't feel so bad till the sun went down...then I come home; no one to wrap my arms around" wound up being the most appropriate takeaway from this song I could have, and it's something I tend to associate with an empty, lonely feeling that I get once in a great while. I probably might not have even thought about it had a friend not posted "Hotel Yorba" from the same album earlier this afternoon on Facebook, but all feelings aside "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" is brilliant because it's both simple and complex, and noisy and reverent. Chaotic beauty wearing denial...we've all been there before.


If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me comin' down the hall.


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

3rd: Place in January's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, which isn't too bad considering I don't even remember the last time I made it through an entire month of blogging, and there was stellar competition straight up and down the line...in my opinion anyone of us could've just as easily taken first or second, and there's no shame in finishing out of place among that particular group. My sincerest, heartfelt congratulations to blainecindy (first place), Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (second place) and Lyn's a sly fox (honorable mention) for their well-deserved and hard-earned wins. Like I said on January 31st ("This one's about the bonus day and classics.)...well, pretty much everything in the first four paragraphs of that. I'm gonna miss hangin' out, writin' entries knowing I was as good as every single one of them, and they were as good if not better than me let me try that again...that didn't sound right. Knowing on any given day any one of us could have a great entry, and that we supported each other and made each other better...even in as great a community of writers as WDC, and as many times as I've taken part in the 30DBC, I still don't remember a group of people who were just as invested in each other as they were in what they personally were doing. A real embodiment of what WDC is all about. Congrats to everyone who made January a great month.

*Confettir* And how about one more round of applause for all of the finalists named tonight at "The PreQuill Gala (7th Annual Quills)? Congrats to all of you; it's something to be very proud of. I promise I won't yell "Yay!" or "More!" or type stuff with my Caps-Lock key stuck on stupid next week when more people show up.

A gift from Julie D for being named Honorable Mention for Best Blog in the Quill Awards!
And two-time nominee in 2012.


*Bottles* Remember the other day when we had that "Coke or Pepsi" discussion? I do, and it went something like this: "This one's about the bold choice.. What the hell do I see on my Facebook news feed this afternoon? Someone with a serious Diet Coke problem, that's what. As always with these Kinja sites, the comments are often more hilarious than the actual subject matter, and I should warn you that this article is pretty NSFW right off the get-go, but feel free to read it someplace where you can laugh so hard stuff shoots out of your nose in private. http://jezebel.com/british-woman-was-drinking-50-diet-cokes-a-day-and-trip-15291...

Well, it's about time I draw this entry to a close. Feels like it's been a long day, although I really didn't do much...some last-minute proofreading before bed ought to finish me off well for the evening. Peace, when I hear your lips make a sound, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807999-This-ones-about-over-as-fast-as-it-escalated