*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808065
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#808065 added February 25, 2014 at 3:15pm
Restrictions: None
Random thinking
My Grandmother was born in Jackson County Oregon just like me. But, Oh how different our lives were. She had three older sisters, one younger sister, and one much younger brother. I have one sibling; a brother three years older than me.
She got to celebrate the new millennium as an exciting modern time. She was born in 1891. during those times the people of the American West were celebrating all things modern. And as for the pioneers they were happy they made a place where others wanted to come and prosper. They were in the land of milk and honey. I got the fear of the whole new millennium panic-thingie to life through. Listen I got over worrying about destruction of the earth thing. My mother was panicked by the fear of the Russians. We lived at the base of Crater Lake. Ever been there? Even today it as an air of wilderness about it. It's remote to say the least. Anyway sometimes she would get on kicks and sterilize and can water. She had Dad dig a basement in the cabin to store stuff in case of fallout. Really I never would ave gotten in there with her. Ever I would take my chances on the outside.
She, my granny, had a grandmother live with her family and I am a grandmother living with my daughter and her family.
Anyway I loved that woman, my Medford Grandma. She was the one person that I KNEW loved me. The others not so much.
Oh, I can almost hear them screeching “How could you say that?” But, there were times I wasn’t so sure. Maybe I will write about it maybe not. I really want to focus on the years that my Grandma got to ride with her father as a cowgirl. They ran cattle and livestock from the Lower Table Rocks area to Klamathfalls, twice a year.
Then as she and her sisters got older what her father did to find husbands for his five daughter. And what happened after.

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808065