*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808511-Shell-pretend-to-be-busy-when-inside-she-just-wants-to-cry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#808511 added February 28, 2014 at 3:22pm
Restrictions: None
She'll pretend to be busy, when inside she just wants to cry
** Image ID #1970900 Unavailable **



DAY 25

Song: "Miss Invisible"
Artist: Marie Digby
Album: Unfold (2008)






Even though she was originally known for posting an acoustic version of Rihanna's "Umbrella" on YouTube (video below), my favorite song from singer/songwriter Marie Digby is "Miss Invisible" from her debut album.



Fun fact about this song: it actually helped get her career started, as she wrote it for a vocal competition (that she went on to win) which had a grand prize that included the services of a music producer and money to help pay for recording time and performances. Since her debut album she's released several others and has never really made much of a splash on any charts or anything, but I've always found something soothing (and a little sad) about her voice, especially on this song.

I actually discovered this song during one of my past jobs where my company shared office space with a music attorney. I saw a poster of her album cover on the wall and told him I really liked her cover of "Umbrella," which was the only song I had heard at the time. He told me to check out her album, and I wasn't disappointed, especially by this song! *Smile*

© Copyright 2014 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/808511-Shell-pretend-to-be-busy-when-inside-she-just-wants-to-cry