*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809057-March-5-Week-11-prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#809057 added March 5, 2014 at 9:14am
Restrictions: None
March 5: Week #11 prompt
You get to spend one hour with any person you choose - living or dead. Who is it? What do you talk about? What do you hope to learn from them?

I read this and names began rolling through my mind. There were TV celebrities, Presidents and a few noble people I would have liked to talk to. I began to narrow the list. I left out the Presidents, other than Abe Lincoln none I'd really feel a kin to.

TV celebrities might have some interest, but they are pretty public and I can, if I want Google them and find out most things including some intimate things I'd rather not know.

I thought about other historical people. One that I might have chosen is the founder of my church's organization. There are a number of things I would like to know about the meetings that started when the pentcost fell in 1906 in Azuza, California. At that time they spread the gospel by way of papers they printed. Our founder Florence Crawford was forward thinking and aggressive in her mission to spread the gospel world wide.  I decided not to go there. Life and the world has changed since her day. The things that have happened over the last 100 years would shock her and I doubt I would get too much from her but censure.

As an author I have my favorites. I decided to chose the one person I would love to spend an hour with and it wouldn't be enough. Christine Feehan.

This woman has written five series of books. I began reading her Dark series then when she added the Ghostwalker and Drake Sisters I bought and read them all. She has written other series that I have enjoyed. 
I want to talk to her about how she keeps her series consistant. I have a series in mind and I want to know how she writes them.  Did she plan her Ghostwalkers?  All at once and write each story after? Did she have the idea and then add the different characters?  How much back story did she write before beginning the series?

The biggest question I want answered is: How do you keep your information? Is it in an outline? Excel sheets? post-it notes? colored note cards?  When she writes each one how does she keep the facts of that series straight and true?

Her series is one that is consistant throughout each book. They are true to form and each character acts within the perimeters she has set for the group. Each one has their own abilites that may be different than another but all act as a cohesive group. 

I admire her writing and want to be the same type of writer. One that can hold the readers interest to the point they eagerly await the next novel.


© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809057-March-5-Week-11-prompt