*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809873-Week-11
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#809873 added March 12, 2014 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Week #11
I guess I miss counted and this is week #11. It doesn't really matter I suppose. I've fallen behind on my Blog City prompts. Some because I can't think of one thing to write to fit the prompt. Some because I've been too busy at work and I don't have a computer at my daughter's apartment. By the time we get home from work at night, make or go out to dinner and relax watching a little TV its time to go to bed.
I over slept this morning. Mostly because I have no clock to look at. I'm too lazy or tired to get up and turn on the light to see my watch. I think I'll see if Target has a cheap lighted clock for her guest room.
Thankfully my wonderful daughter made my lunch so I was able to get out the door (then she called my cell and said, "Mom, you forgot your lunch on the table.") I had to go back inside, up to the 3rd floor and get my lunch. I sure hate getting old. There's just too much flitting through my brain to remember to do everything I'm supposed to do.
The roads were dry of ice and traffic light so I made it to work with minutes to spare.
I must find a way to print out my MS and begin to read it aloud to see if it sounds right.  I have a friend, who told me she was an editor at one time, offer to edit my MS. I jumped at that. When she sent it back I began the fixing process. I found easy mistakes she missed and things she highlighted that made no sense to me why. I think toward the end she became so interested in the story she forgot to edit. (That was a good thing) She PM me at 12:48 pm to tell me she finally finished it and she couldn't stop until she got to the end. I was pleased with that response as I mentally added it to my 8 other similar responses. BUT that didn't help my editing process.
I get that sometimes we use a slang in our writing that doesn't equate to good English. I've been told if it is spoken or something that would sound stiff or out of voice if changed, leave it. So I have. I'll have to see what happens.

I'm having trouble with concenents. Most times I don't write them. I use the two words. Why is that? I don't talk like that. When I'm writing I have to make a conscience effort to remember to use them instead writing the two words. I have, have not, do not, seems odd that I'd do it when writing but not when I'm talking. I even think aloud or in my head as I'm typing and I use the non-conenented version then.  Odd. I'm not sure what to make of it, but when I'm editing I find I have to make those changes more than others. I guess I'm a stiff writer.

That's it for today!

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809873-Week-11