*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809241
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#809241 added March 6, 2014 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt: answer Travel
Prompt: Do you prefer to travel or would you just rather stay home?

When I was a teenager, I was held captive on an island in Alaska by my parents and the American government for nearly four years. Most of the time we had no electricity, running water or personal privacy. All I dreamed of was reaching the mainland and driving. I didn’t care where.
Once I snuck around on a French Cruise Ship, the captain invited everyone to come aboard to have soft ice cream. I found an elderly blue haired lady who spoke English and sat and talked with her for hours. I really hoped to continue on her journey with her.
I thought if she knew my sad story she would assist me. So I hid in a lifeboat. I just knew that once we were out at sea, my life would change forever. For the better, of course.
I stayed in that dingy for hours it seemed. The ship didn’t leave. I finally gave up and left the ship. It must have needed a repair or something because it stayed in dock for a full day longer.
Anyway, all I wanted to do was travel.
I haven’t traveled enough in this life time. I want to do more of it. But, the last few years I have enjoyed my time at home. I love both equally now. I am content to stay home and make plans to travel.



** Image ID #1901871 Unavailable **





** Image ID #1901871 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809241