*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809396-The-Love-of-Nature
Rated: E · Book · Family · #1953696
Family history and lessons learned growing up, the people who influenced my life.
#809396 added March 8, 2014 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
The Love of Nature
Who says you can't have nature in your backyard if you live in the city or suburbs? A few years ago we had a pair of wild ducks land in our backyard. They were mates and since we had a lot of flowers and shade, we figured they enjoyed it as much as we did. We put out feed for them and just like clock work, they came for a visit every evening. We took pictures and enjoyed sitting and watching them eat and quack to each other. One day a third male came with them, but he was no friend. The two males looked like they might fight, and the new male was much bigger and tried to bite the first male. My husband came to the rescue and ran the third duck off. What a funny site to see, but the pair seemed to appreciate our help and food. These two came to visit us every day and then when the weather turned cold, they stopped.
We didn't see them the next spring or the next, but much to my surprise, they came back this spring. Since we have dogs, they now land in our front yard and of course we feed them. I'm not sure it's the same couple, but they aren't afraid of us and wait for the food to be thrown to them.
This is now a part of my morning coffee time and feeding the ducks brings a new calmness to my day. I feel joy and appreciation for our new "pets". Nature is a wonderful thing and truly a gift from God.

© Copyright 2014 50's Child (UN: busytexaslady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
50's Child has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809396-The-Love-of-Nature