*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809496-face-to-face
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#809496 added March 9, 2014 at 4:23am
Restrictions: None
face to face
Tomorrow I get to talk with a pulpit committee. I will get off from work at 6am and they will call me at some time after that. I am not sure what to think of this encounter. Part of me thinks it is a do or die kind of situation. I talk with persons in order to become a pastor and if I do not say the right things I will be rejected. One of the main issues that informs my call is that invitation informs a face to face connection. In I Corinthians 13 is says that we see dimly and then face to face. The call is alway an invitation to learn what it means to more like God in order that we might lead others to be more like God.

I was talking to a pastoral friend a few minutes ago. In our conversation we shared out own vignettes about how a call was able to lead a pastor and people closer to God. How do we get people to feel safe about wanting to become all they can be. In some persons it may mean being faithful and sharing faith by stepping forth and asking for prayer. For others it is like the prodigal son story, a Father waiting an embrace and for others an exercise in total surrender in order that the spirit can completely fill. I pray for God's peace as I enter into face to face dialogue. To God be the glory.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809496-face-to-face