*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809661
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#809661 added March 14, 2014 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
What are the chances?
Day 478 March 11, 2014 Writing Prompt
Prompt: What are the chances? (accidental encounter, accidental pregnancy lottery, prison, job loss just to give you a few hints)

True story

First, you would have to believe in the power of prayer or karma or miracles or something. I don’t think you could comprehend this any other way.

One afternoon, I came in the house and found my mother staring at the living room wall. Tears were running down her face. “Mom, what’s wrong?”

“I see your brother on the beach. He is on his knees and praying. He is telling God that he needs help because he got Ray’s Toyota land rover stuck and the tide is coming in.”

“If you can see him, then you can talk to him. Tell him to get up to the road and flag down a logging truck I just saw one go by. Maybe it can pull him out.”

“What are the chances he will hear me?”

“UHHH it couldn’t hurt to try.”

As the afternoon wore on she continued to have the trance like stare. She told me that he did get a truck to stop and they were trying to pull him out but it wasn’t working. My brother now locked himself in the rig and said if the ocean takes the vehicle that he was going to go down with it.

Two, three, now four logging trucks were hooked to it and pulled. Finally, Mom said they were able to pull him out. She went to bed and slept.

I waited. This time I was convinced that what the Doctor had told me about my mother’s mind was correct. She needed help. My plan was to get her straight to the hospital.
When my brother drove into the driveway I ran and opened the passenger door. Out spilled water.
“You aren’t going to believe what just happened, Sis.”

“Did it take four Sike’s logging trucks to pull you off the beach?”

“How could you possibly KNOW that?” He asked me.

“Oh, Mom saw it all on the wall in a vision. It was my idea to flag down the trucks.”

this prompt also inspired
me to write "Prelude

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809661