*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809757-Life-is-NOT-ALL-Ups
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#809757 added March 11, 2014 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
Life is NOT ALL Ups!
Life is not all ups

2014 has not been all ups, but I would be lying if I said that it has been all downs.  I have shared a wonderful vacation in Vegas with two good friends, and spent quality time with my three daughters.  Yet, my writing today will focus on the downs.  I am in North Carolina with my youngest daughter.  She had a complete melt down over the past two weeks.  She spent five day in a psychiatric ward where it was determined that she was not a threat to herself or others, but in need of rest and a stress free life.

Stress free life.  Unbelievable.  How does one have a stress free life?  She has two jobs, a new living arrangement, five children (four of them at home with her and under the age of fourteen (14), a new relationship, a car that needs repairs, and now an uncertain future with her mental health.  She is strapped for money, and a husband from whom she is seeking a divorce and is afraid of because of past experiences.  Stress free!  How?

Her strew has resulted in stress for the entire family.  Her sisters and I have put our lives on hold while we try to sort through hers and keep her and the children in place.  We are in a holding position as we strive to understand what happened; determine what is needed; provide full care to the children; and still maintain some sibilance of our own lives that seem to be spiraling out of control.

Earlier this year, we went to Florida to gain control over my brother's last will and testament.  We thought that we were at an all time low.  Not knowing that two months later, we would be fighting to keep my youngest daughter.s life together.  Yet, here we are "four women and a baby (without the body), and with four more babies in North Carolina.  Strapped for money, and in charge.  WOW!

Downs are trumping today.  No let up from trials and tribulations.  Relationships are crucial.  Family is all you have, and when you are the mother, you circle the troops and make sure that family members are all right.  That has been my role now for years, and I don't know how to let go even though the children keep telling me that I must.  LOL  How do I when no matter what, I am the first call that they make when trouble strikes. 


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809757-Life-is-NOT-ALL-Ups