*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810275-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#810275 added March 15, 2014 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
I need to get this entry written so I can get to bed. It's almost ten here in South Dakota and I should already be in bed, but luckily I don't have to be up so early tomorrow. Even though I work on Sunday, I don't have to be there until eight instead of five. That means I get to sleep in until six tomorrow, compared to three on my other days. Monday I'll have to be up before time again, but then I'm off work Tuesday and Wednesday.

I had a good day, but didn't get much done. I worked, then it was a bit of shopping before coming home. Once I got here, I put groceries away and started the roast. I put it in the oven in a cast iron Dutch oven and let it slow cook in water, seasoned with a little salt and pepper. After an hour and a half, I drained most of the liquid off and put it back in the oven to finish cooking.

After Rhonda called I prepared some potatoes and put in with the roast, added the broth I drained off back in and let them slow cook as well. Once everything else was prepared and Rhonda was home, I drained the juices off the roast again, turned the heat down lower and put the roast and potatoes back in the oven to keep warm. I thickened the broth off the roast and seasoned it lightly, then put that in the oven to keep warm as well. Once Rhonda was out of the bath we started the rest and then went and enjoyed each other a little while the food cooked. Then it was a nice dinner, with a very good movie.

Only I don't know the name of the movie. It's crazy, I know. I mean I just watched it and don't even know the name of it. It was in my saved list on Netflix, and it was a very good movie, but I don't think I even looked at the title of it. I could go into details of the plot, I could list the actors and actresses, but then, I would have to look to see who they all were, too. It's just not my thing to know actors and actresses, or who starred in what. My brother knows who played who in what, and always tells me that movie with so and so in it. Sorry, I just don't retain the information. I never know who played who in this or that.

Anyway, it was a good movie and we enjoyed it. We had some ice cream a little while ago, then relaxed with some brandy while we finished the movie. We tried something different, at least I never knew of anyone mixing this up. We usually just sip our brandy with water, but sometimes we get 7-Up or Pepsi as a mix. A short time ago we had a bottle of Dr. Pepper in the fridge, and I thought I would try it. So, I mixed up a small drink with some brandy and Dr. Pepper, and guess what? Yeah, it was really good. So that's what we had earlier. Now I am finishing up with a night cap of brandy and water.

I did get my email checked, logged into MFP and Facebook, but didn't do much in Facebook and only made a short entry in MFP. Then it was in here, to 750 words to wright my seven hundred and fifty words for the day, to make my entry for the March challenge of writing seven hundred and fifty words a day for the entire month. Once I get this entry finished, I'll copy and paste it in WDC and take a short look around. I don't want to spend too much time in there tonight, since it's getting late. I want to get to bed early and get a good night sleep so I can come home tomorrow after work and proof read three items I'm going to enter in for the Anthology. I have one short poem and two short prose I want to submit and see if maybe, just maybe something gets picked for the book.

I know it's a long shot, but it's one way of getting some of my work out there and having someone read it. Also, imagine if one of the items gets picked and printed? Seriously, it would be so awesome to have one of my items in print. I mean, if by chance, one of my items gets chosen for the book, I would be a published author. Think about it, a published author!  What a rush it would be...

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810275-Saturday