*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810446
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#810446 added March 17, 2014 at 8:19pm
Restrictions: None
coffee with 2 scoops of blarney




{b}Prompt: Coffee or tea? Or neither?

If it’s either or, then coffee is my cup of tea. Haha
It’s the caffeine. I am asthmatic and even before I was old enough to have my first cup of coffee, my Grandmother would have me hold her hot coffee under my chin and breathe in the vapors. I can feel the difference between coffee vapors and say mint tea (which I love too by the way.
I was given Possum haha typo postum until I was old enough for coffee, round 5, I think when I got my first real sip. I have decaffeinated myself many times over these 62 years but I simply just LOVE a good cup of coffee. And in the summer I drink it iced.


This prompt made me remember an elderly woman I knew. Maggie, I used to have coffee with her in the mornings. Well, she was an only child of a wealthy American couple who owned a coffee plantation in Venezuela in the early 1900’s. The things she told me about her life sounded like a wonderful back drop for a story of any kind. She said the one thing she missed the most was the aroma of air when the coffee plants blooms.

By the way I see one is for sale.

Description. For sale beautiful Coffee Plantation and farm of aprox 101 Acres ( 47 Hectareas), located in San Agustin, Caripe, Venezuela. Farm has electricity and ..

Blog City Prompt: ( Wee bit of blarney fer ye!)


You receive a mysterious email and the subject line reads Everything you know is a lie. You open the email and read further: Act calm as to not alert anyone, but everyone around you is not who they say they are. You need to quietly get out of there and meet me at the spot where you had your first kiss. You know the place. My name is Lyn. Tell me about that special place. Have you been there since? Now,you know Irish are noted for their blarney, so have fun.

Oh no Lyn!
You know, I just KNEW that there was something weird about those people.
I had been feeling my psychic hits all day. So you want to meet at the location of my first kiss. It’s going to be difficult. Don’t you know, in fact, if the truth be told, I will have to take you in my time machine? Look for the four leaf clover in the meadow of Leprechaun Vale, Ireland. You can’t miss it. It’s the one near the rock. You will recognize it because it has the radiant glow about it. I set it to glow at 2:00 am your time. Once you see it, DO Not under any circumstances, touch it. Just lean over a bit and look inside. I’ll be right there behind you and I’ll push you into tomorrow. That is the tomorrow of the day I was kissed. It’s going to take a full day’s hike to get to the spot. Please bring, beer for the pixies and bread for the hen, a ring for the king’s lock and that kind of thing.
Once we get to, well you know the place. Then tell me the story, well face to face. See Ya




 ~
 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810446