*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810493-Food-Writing--Push
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#810493 added March 17, 2014 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Food, Writing & Push
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus


PROMPT: What impact does chocolate have on your writing? It could be consuming before, during, after or that you include it (subtly?) in stories. If not chocolate, then ... but what else is there?


I keep my writing time and my chocolate time distinctly different. Both are such crucial, important areas of my life, how could I possibly participate in both of them simultaneously? *Laugh*

Seriously, though, I don't really have any food habits when it comes to writing. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to utilize that weird study system where you have the M&Ms and spread the consumption of them out over the course of your session, but (a) I have terrible willpower and would just end up scarfing them all down in the first few minutes, and (b) I have no idea how such a system would work... since I tend to write in large spurts, I would have to deprive myself of chocolate for days at a time, then consume a whole family-sized bag in one sitting, which probably isn't great for my health. *Wink*

Writing and food are both aspects of my life that I like to focus on wholly. I don't like interruptions when I write, and I don't like interruptions when I eat. When I'm writing I'm writing and when I'm eating I'm eating. To eat while I write would mean giving less than 100% of my attention to both activities, and that's just not acceptable. Each activity deserves my full and undivided attention!



--------------------------------------------------


Welcome to Talent Pond's Blog Harbor. The safe place for bloggers to connect.


PROMPT: Which existing movie, old or new, would you love to see remade with modern technology/actors/etc.?





Like the spinoff series question from a couple days ago, this is a tough question because you want to find a movie good enough to be worth remaking, but you also don't want it to be too good or else why bother remaking it in the first place? Thus, time must be spent carefully contemplating past movies and finding that rare one that is in the gray area in between... flawed enough to be worth remaking and trying to improve, but not so bad that people would wonder why you're bothering to remake it at all. My natural inclination is also to select a movie that would be improved by modern technology; while it would be fun to see modern actors in the role, a period drama doesn't really lend itself as well to the possibilities of a remake as, say, a horror, or science fiction, or action movie where improvements in special effects and other technical processes would allow us to envision a story as never before.

I'm actually going to take a movie that Ghostranch picked for her blog entry on the worst movie she's ever seen. I think PUSH was a great idea for a movie (yeah, I don't think any of you would be surprised to see that I picked a superhero movie to remake *Laugh*) that just wasn't executed very well. For me, it's the perfect kind of material for a remake; bad execution but a decent idea that could really be something amazing if a different set of creative decisions were made. I think the world is interesting enough and the plot is compelling enough to give a new set of creative individuals (with a better budget, hopefully!) the foundation they need for a really exciting new type of superhero movie that doesn't rely on an established comic book property.

© Copyright 2014 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810493-Food-Writing--Push