*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810980-The-Snow-Bald-Fight
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1982565
Journey in and out of the lives of Memories of family
#810980 added March 23, 2014 at 1:18am
Restrictions: None
The Snow Bald Fight
One of the characteristics that set my dad apart from other dads was his balding head. Mom said that when she met him he had the most beautiful hair and then within a few years it was nearly all gone. After you see it a lot you kind of forget about it. You take it for granted. It was a glorious thing, glowing in moon, shining in the sun.

One of the seasons my dad like best of all was winter. Winter in Massachusetts could gift us with a fair amount of snow. He got us outside shovelling the snow, making snow forts and we helped him make snow men. My dad prided himself in introducing us to winter culture. We would go sledding, ice skate and walk in the snow with a big smile on our face. That was dad's way. He wanted us all to be happy.

One day dad decided to introduce us to the art of throwing snow balls. Kurt and I were his opponents and he relished the opportunity to teach us a lesson.
okay guys all I want you to do is make believe you are throwing a ball back and forth with me. I will throw it to you so that you will catch it and you will do the same to me.

Well one thing lead to another and our little catches evolved into a snow ball fight. Dad allowed himself to be cornered by the back door. Kurt and I tried to find ways to get to dad when he was not looking. I was always a bad shot. I still have a lot of trouble hitting the broad side of the barn, but this day would be different.

Come on guys throw it right to me.

I got me a nice fat juicy one and threw it right at dad. He never saw it coming. It hit him smack dab on his bald spot. I had never seen that bald spot get so red. Dad's whole face started to turn red and that was our cue to get out of there quick. There would be many snow ball fights afterwards, but none like the snow bald fight that prepared the way for many battle yet to come.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810980-The-Snow-Bald-Fight