*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811080-Basketball
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#811080 added March 24, 2014 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Basketball
I have enjoyed watching the ball go through the hoop as long as I can remember. Being tall there was an expectation that I would play whether I liked it or not. I watched the Celtics with Jo Jo White, Cowens and later on Larry Bird. I was proud to be from a place where a team was winning more than losing. I would in time try to become good, although I never played in anything but pick up games.

As I watched March Madness, I remembered. It always hurts to see your team lose. Today it was Wichita State and Kansas losing. There are the memories that outweigh the defeats. I remember Bill Walton's near perfect game and the compilation of many other heroes rise to the occasion, Derek Wittenborg and Christian Laettner to name a few. I like to shoot foul shots for exercise. It is amazing to see youth hitting near 90 per cent.

It is all about hitting the mark. Basketball is a sport that thrives on scoring and at times trying to keep the other team from scoring. What makes it great is it is about team. There is no individual who can win it all. It takes a team and leader that can show that dreams can come true.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811080-Basketball