*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811393-Can-You-Be-Alone-with-Yourself
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#811393 added March 26, 2014 at 1:28pm
Restrictions: None
Can You Be Alone with Yourself?
Blog City Prompt
Can You Be Alone with Yourself?


First thought: If I couldn’t I would be dead by now.
Second thought: My guess is every writer will say yes as long as they have a keyboard or pencil and paper or cave wall and burnt stick. Yet, that implies to me, a proletarian that we write, not for ourselves, but, for others. Therefore I would have to say no.
But wait, I have more to say on the matter.
My life experience has given me voluminous chances to find out if I can do just that, “be alone with myself”. I was five the first time I experienced it. We were living in a house that one day was full of life and family. My brother, three years older than me, my Dad and Mom and me. Suddenly, it all changed…almost in a blink of an eye.
My Mother grabbed me and took me upstairs to my room and locked the door. Then she pushed the dresser up and the bed frame until the room was empty except in front of the door. Everything was stacked up barricading us inside. I did not understand any of it. She hugged me as we sat on the carpet. She rocked to and fro then she began praying. “Spare this innocent child oh Lord.”
“Spare me from what?”
“Your Dad, he is going to kill you.”
“Me?”
“Not you or Donny just me?”
I never believed it, but she did. She prayed like a madwoman for my eternal soul. The next morning she pushed aside the mess and went down stairs to an empty house. Except for her bed and blankets and clothes everything else was gone.
She went to bed and slept for what seemed like weeks. I don’t know how long it was but it was a very long time to me.

The dining room had a window box bench built in so I had something to sit on. I remember thinking about myself. I decided that I was no worse than anyone else I knew. I judged myself as fairly as I could. I am a Libra if that matters. And I found myself okay. Ask me two weeks later after my neighborhood escapades and I probably wouldn’t have felt so pure. But forgivable.
So from what I know about me, I answer, yes.

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811393-Can-You-Be-Alone-with-Yourself