*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811489
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#811489 added May 8, 2014 at 2:51am
Restrictions: None
March 29
Metaphor of a human/a heart is profound. I loved it.

I read a blog somewhere in this community yesterday I think. I've looked and can't find it again. So if this is yours, thank you. *Cool* You tickled a memory.

It reminded me of a class I took on Existentialism.

"each individual not society or religion, is solely responsible for giving meaning to life and living it passionately and sincerely ("authentically")



Day 496 March 29 Writing Prompt BCF
Prompt: Have you told your partner about all of your past relationships? If you are not in a relationship, do you think someone should or should not reveal all past relationships?


Well, it's complicated. That's a 'cop-out' for sure. I never have had a healthy, long lasting relationship so I would be the last one you should take advice from.

But, if I did, I would want to know about his ex's.
1. If there is a chance we would see them. Yes tell me.
2. If she broke your heart and you still aren't over her. TELL ME
3. If she lives next door. Tell me.
4. If they have your kids. TELL me.
And I would answer truthfully any questions of my past. I believe secrets are not healthy? But, then again maybe it's best to let ' a sleeping dog lie'. I don't know.




March 29, 2014: Tell us about a talent you'd love to have but don't.

I wish I was a polyglot. Whenever I'm around people who speak multi-languages I feel not so much jealous as sad. I know that sounds pitiful. I'm sad because I can't contribute to the conversation.
Although, I must admit, words aren't the only language we have and I have had many interactions with people who didn't speak English or me their language. And I felt comfortable that we communicated quite well.

Once I read in the local paper that a Professor I knew would be taking a group of Japanese botanists to examine an Eco-region near the Redwood forest. I asked him if my friend and I could tag along. He said sure so we went. The area is unique because three types of forest merge there.
I am not a botanist but my interests in wild edibles and forest management prompted me to tag along. My friend shared my interests and I knew she had never been to college but she is an amazingly brilliant self-educated person.
Professor Lang led the way and a few of us grouped up to examine samples of this and that. About mid-day we stopped for a picnic and my friend began talking with several of the people.
'Debbi, how are you communicating?' I asked. 'Oh we're mostly just speaking Latin.' She said. I never knew she could do that. And if Professor Lang seemed surprised. Then he said, "You would do well to learn Latin too."

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811489