*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811767-Shattered
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#811767 added April 19, 2014 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
Shattered
Sometimes in life it seems there's little happening, no plans or appointments and a hazy stretch of empty, bland days on the calendar. Then suddenly everything changes and there's just too much going on and not all of it good.

In order to lift my dampened spirits I spent a few days at my sister's last week. This entailed almost continuous rain, too many calories, too much booze, too many late nights and a chipped tooth into the bargain.

On return, late Friday I had to unpack and get myself ready for an early start on Saturday as it was the group hike. A lovely day weatherise, a very pleasant walk in good company, but almost ten miles left me not wanting to venture far from the chair last night. The thought of a lie in today was very appealing.

But it"s Mothering Sunday here and what better gift could any mother want than the clocks going forward and losing an hour of sleep or activity, whichever way you look at it? The weather looks fair again, so this will probably mean meeting son and family at a park, then trying to find a pub with an available table to eat out. I'm feeling tired already, so by tonight I'll be ready to atrophy.

But then I have to be up with the lark in the morning to fit in a visit to the dentist to hopefully repair the damaged tooth. The rest of the week is looking pretty hectic too with reflexology, a concert at the grand monster's school, a family visit and a lunch out with old colleagues.

Hubby is still clacking around on crutches clutching hot water bottles and we still have no firm diagnosis, so can make no plans or go far. Neither can he do much around the house so the extra load is making me tireder than ever. On Tuesday he's going for a minor op to take some fluid from around his hip joint in the hope of finding out what's going on. I think I might go with him and ask for a dose of anaesthetic to knock me out for a week so I can catch up with sleep and replenish my resources.

But there are always the unexpected little things to bring a smile. On return from my sister's I discovered I've received my first ever real merit badge. Many, many thanks to alfred booth, wanbli ska for his thoughtful and very much appreciated gift. I shall wear my carrot with pride.








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811767-Shattered