*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811806-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#811806 added March 30, 2014 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Look at this, I'm logged in and writing my journal entry and it's not even evening yet. Normal for me is getting in late, too late, but once in a while I manage to slip in here earlier and today is one of those days.

I worked today, but being Sunday, I didn't have to be there until eight. That means I kind of got to sleep in this morning. I also was in bed on time last night, and that's a big change, too. Normal for me is to operate on about four or five hours of sleep, and getting six or seven is a treat. But, I then end up so tired I have to take a nap or risk falling asleep while I sit and type. This being so tired also messes up how much I get done and really puts a damper on being creative. The bottom line is, I don't function well if I'm too tired. I do pretty good for about a half a day, then I'm shot.

But, try as I may, I just have a very difficult time getting seven or eight hours of sleep most nights. Then, like I said, I end up napping, but don't sleep sound. This messes me up and I end up staying up later, and the cycle repeats over and over. Of course when I do get a couple of days off, I do sleep in, and that helps. But even as I get caught up on my sleep, I waste a big part of the day.

Today is how it's suppose to work. I was in bed on time last night and got about seven hours of sleep. I had a short nap yesterday afternoon, too, so I kind of got caught up on some sleep and compensated for the few nights prior when I was lucky to get three or four hours of sleep. Then, I got up at five thirty this morning, but didn't get out of bed until six. I snuggled and enjoyed waking up slowly and just kind of lounging a bit.

Work went fine, it was slower than the last few days, but busy enough to pass the time away. The weather was terrific, a beautiful spring day here, and one of the few nice days we have received since last summer or early fall. It's difficult to say, the weather has been so messed up. I do know we have not had any nice springs for a long time. Winter hangs in and then summer takes over, and we miss the period that should be spring. This years looking like more of the same, but today was an exception.

We hit close to sixty degrees this afternoon, had a mild breeze, and lots of sunshine. There is a kind of haze in the sky, but the sun pushed on through and made it a wonderful day to work outdoors. Now, it's beginning to cloud up but it's still warm out. The temperature is suppose to stay pretty nice all night, but then drop tomorrow. We will also see some rain move in tonight, and it may or may not freeze and make a mess of things. The last report I heard was for rain all night, rain tomorrow morning, then snow and ice tomorrow afternoon until late night.

If the weather does hit, I may find myself working a long day tomorrow, but hopefully I will get to bed early tonight and be ready for it. Then, if all goes well, I will have three days off to enjoy myself. Rhonda will also be off the same three days, and we will enjoy the time together, but if the weather is bad, I may have to work all day tomorrow and Rhonda may have to work Tuesday morning. All we can do at this point is watch and see what the weather brings in. No matter what, we will see some precipitation and colder temperatures again.

But for now, it's still a wonderfully nice day out, I have my entry done, or just about. I'm still working on the monthly challenge for March and have to write a full 750 words each day to make the challenge. I already had some time to spend in WdC and I managed to get my mail cleaned up some, and after I get done here I'm going to work on some cornbread (we always called it Johnny Cake) to go with chili for dinner. I'm trying a gluten free biscuit mix and will add some corn flour to make the corn bread. I'm kind of just guessing as I go, but hopefully it turns out.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811806-Sunday