*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811953-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#811953 added March 31, 2014 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Not so late tonight, but still later than I intended. That's alright, though, we can blame it on Obama. I needed to finish enrollment in the very non-republican, anti-freedom health care plan being enforced on the citizens of this country. Not that I mind having health care, I just don't believe the federal government should dictate who has to buy what. Today it's insurance, but it's opening the door to even more government control over the people of the United States. Also, anything the federal government gets involved with turns into a disaster. They should stick with the basics and let each state govern itself.

Other than watching another bit of freedom vanish, today has been a pretty good day. Weather is the big item today, with yet another blizzard watch in effect. The forecast has changed constantly over the last few days, and we did not get half of what was predicted. Starting last night around eight or nine we were suppose to start seeing rain. By early this morning it was suppose to be freezing rain, then switch over to just rain again later in the morning. Then, thunderstorms this afternoon with more rain, turning over to snow by late afternoon.

Instead of the forecast weather, we had mid thirties this morning, but the wind was blowing pretty hard making it feel colder than it was. Clouds early this morning but they cleared by mid morning and the temperature climbed a bit. The wind settled down for a while and it wasn't too bad of a morning out. By the time I got done work, at eleven, it was starting to cloud up some, the wind had picked up again, and the temperature was holding around forty. It stayed like this through mid afternoon, then around three the temperature began to drop and the wind increased even more. By four it was looking pretty dark and gloomy, the wind was howling out of the north at forty miles per hour gusting into the fifties, and by four thirty, snow began to fall.

Now, at seven thirty, the snow is coming fast and the wind is blowing it all over. Visibility is less than a quarter mile, and down to near zero at times, the roads are coated in ice with an inch of snow on top to make it even slicker, and it's drifting over in places. Rhonda left work early and got home just as it was getting bad out. Around six, the guard scheduled to open tomorrow morning called, he won't be able to make it in to work until later.

Normally, I would have to go in and open for him, even though I'm scheduled to be off. But, we have a new guard working and he lives right in town. He also is very good at filling in and working with everyone, so I called up the store and had a message given to him to call me when he went on break. He was fine with switching shifts with the other guard, so I do not have to drive in to work in the morning. This is the first time since I have taken over as supervisor that I have not had to drive in for a storm. Quite a few times I would close up at ten thirty and drive home in a blizzard, then get up at three in the morning and drive back in the blizzard, again. Not this time; I get to enjoy my time off and stay home, safe and warm.

Like I said, it's been a pretty good day. I have three days off with Rhonda and did not have to forfeit any do to weather, and even though the weather isn't the best, I can sit and relax, listen to the storm, knowing I do not have to drive twenty five miles on snow covered ice, with strong winds trying to blow me off the road, and I don't have to spend my first day off shoveling snow at work, freezing and miserable. Instead I get to snuggle into the blankets and sleep in.

Of course, I do appreciate the guards who are working tomorrow and I am really appreciative of the guard who switched out so I don't have to go in tomorrow morning. It's so great to have a wonderful crew finally, and I hope I can show them all my appreciation for their hard work and dedication. I'll have to think of something I can do for them, to show I do notice and appreciate their hard work.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/811953-Monday