*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812188-A-time-to-write
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#812188 added April 2, 2014 at 4:56am
Restrictions: None
A time to write
I was looking for a prompt and a "time to write" seems a good one for this particular day.

I have been down in the dumps more so than usual. I hope to do something about it. I begin by drumming on my keys hoping for a measure of inspiration to uncloud the increasing darkness within. It is difficult to understand what moves a writer to keep going. In my case I feel handcuffed by my daily grind and doubts about ministerial conviction.*Confused*

My response to that is to dig into scripture. It makes me feel immeasurably better. At the same time it serves as a reminder that I am like a fish out of water. I wonder if I have served my time as a professional minister or serving my time without ever knowing it. I talk to family back East and I am more aware than ever that there is a missing going on. The sister that I am closest to will fly over Kansas city to go to California. We laughed about it on the phone. The ties that bind seem untied and I am feeling at loose ends. *RollEyes*

The best I know to do is to write about it. The blog seems like a dead place of late. It may be because I have not spent time looking at other blogs. The best I know to do is be faithful and write when I feel like it. As I have said at other times writing is the best therapy for a person like me. It may not meet other people's needs, but it does meet my own, to stay sane and grounded.
God bless.
*Wink*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812188-A-time-to-write