*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812036-tennis
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#812036 added April 1, 2014 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
tennis
I was up through the night remembering times playing tennis with my grandfather. They are moments that last forever in my mind. They were stirred up by playing tennis with my son Tim and talking tennis with my sister. All four of her kids play tennis. Three of her kids are on the tennis team. I am feeling older these days. I celebrate ability to have influence. I always talked about playing tennis with my nephews and nieces in Massachusetts. Now they are quite a bit better than me. My son Tim can run circles around me. When he plays he tells me is just goofing around. I love to play with him just the same. My two other kids also play, but not nearly as much.

Papa used to call and we would play for what seemed eternity. He had millions of spins and loved to tell me to hit my serves hard, so that I would miss them and often I would. Tennis was his game and it was only beginning to be mine. I had many lessons at his expense. Tennis has a lot of memories and lessons for me. I am learning to keep playing, to be consistent, love (the first place in tennis) and rally. Life goes on.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812036-tennis