*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812191-April-Fools
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#812191 added April 2, 2014 at 7:12am
Restrictions: None
April Fools!


I had an interesting night at work. All but the last four hours (10.5 hour work day) was April Fools. The Universe started out with gifting me with my IS (Immediate Supervisor) calling in sick. What a pleasant gift, too. I had a very stress free night at work. And guess what? I easily met the priority set for packaging tonight. Without me knowing it, the #3 boss of the whole plant watched my activities for the first three hours and told the overall night shift supervisor there needs to be a change in night packaging supers. Um well, there are only two of us working packaging at night. That leaves only me who is qualified to stand into the supervisory position. Unless, someone on days is placed on nights to supervise and I really don't see that happening. But--APRIL FOOLS!--I suppose if it were the Universe playing games, a third person could come onto nights just to fill the super's position.

So short story long--I may be asked to fill the night shift packaging supervisor slot and my present super will be asked to step down. I will have to kill her with kindness if this happens. She isn't the kind of person who is friendly when her ego is hurt. One good thing about this whole mess, I've got 2 years more experience in the job and I'm possibly 10 years older than she is. My attendance record is better than hers (she calls in sick a lot) and I live closer to the work place than she does. These things give me a bit of an advantage in perspective. It is a funny thing--I'm excited about the prospect of a promotion and maybe I'm a bit foolish, but I'm not really worried about how the present night packaging super will take the demotion.

Nothing is official until a final decision. I think the Bosses want to speak to my IS before deciding for sure on switching. But, #3 boss is at present very unhappy with my IS.

SWEET! with today's blog entry I have posted in my blog 60 days straight without a miss--WOOT!

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812191-April-Fools