*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812748-Celebrating-fatherhood
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#812748 added April 6, 2014 at 1:11am
Restrictions: None
Celebrating fatherhood
Nothing gives me more joy than talking to my children. They offer me support and encouragement as I yearn to live and breathe for God alone. Part of what highlights this celebration is realizing that in the recovered gift of fatherhood, there is a realization that God our father is with any one person as they cry. I recalled the cry of exasperation when my dad died. I wonder if that is what God our Father felt as Jesus was dying on a cross.

God hears my cry. I look back on the gospel story. Jesus wept! After this experience and the soon after rising of Lazurus one is left wondering if Jesus can do any better. Soon after Jesus is being crucified on a cross and humiliated. I think we all feel like Jesus. We would like to be the ideal sacrifice. It is God that lets go and speaks to us through blurry eyes. God is with us. We have nothing to fear!!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812748-Celebrating-fatherhood