*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812882-If-You-Cant-Join-Them-Lick-them
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1982565
Journey in and out of the lives of Memories of family
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#812882 added April 7, 2014 at 2:15am
Restrictions: None
If You Can't Join Them Lick them
We have a dog who seems to do everything possible to join the human race. When it is cold he puts on a coat and wears it proudly. While the cats watch, he ventures out into the out doors. These cats are relegated to household confines. To top all this off he loves to crawl in to bed with his mommy and daddy. There are times he really thinks he is our son. Unfortunately there are reminders to Buddy that he cannot always join us in our humanity, especially when mommy and daddy want some time alone.

God has provided Buddy with an antidote to this problem. It is his lick. Buddy has a tongue that is like another appendage. He gets that tongue going and there is nowhere to hide. I think he figures that if he cannot be with his owners everywhere, he will lick so that when he is away for awhile his licky stuff is with us. It is kinds of like a spirtual thing. Jesus says He'd be with us always. Through Buddy we have the licky presence of God.

Others are not immune to his flavorable presence. Buddy has his radar set for anyone who is need of a lick, even if they are not too cool on the idea. Buddy will do his excitement dance moving around like a jitterbug in heat and the next thing a person knows that tongue is on them and knowing Buddy that tongue is licking places on the body people did not even know existed. I guess you could say Buddy lives by a motto, If you can't join them lick them.
© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/812882-If-You-Cant-Join-Them-Lick-them