*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813604-Another-Decade
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#813604 added May 24, 2014 at 3:25am
Restrictions: None
Another Decade
Recently I came across an old email I'd sent to a friend in which I'd stated my hubby was about to turn sixty and wondering how I came to be married to such an old man.

Today he turns seventy. *Shock* Scary doesn't cover it, but there's nothing we can do about the swift passage of time. In view of some of his health issues over the years it's certainly a reason to celebrate his arrival at this milestone. We still await the prognosis and future treatment of his cracked pelvis and the disintegrating cup in his prosthetic hip, but at least he can function and hobble about.

So he and I, son and wife, grandmonsters three, stepdaughter, her hubby, twin boys and the crutches will be out for a family meal later today, followed by an evening of drinks and nibbles with friends. He has a cake, but we rejected the idea of seventy candles as the effort to blow them out may be too much for him.

I'm also celebrating because at long last I have completed the Ninja Turtle sweater I've been knitting and cursing for months now. It's not perfect and it looks on the large side for Dylan, so maybe hubby can wear it for his burpday and pass it onto Dylan if he's still into Ninja's when he's eighteen. *Laugh*









© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813604-Another-Decade