*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813779-My-Eulogy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#813779 added April 15, 2014 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
My Eulogy
What should they eulogize? Write the perfect funeral speech for your own funeral.

I thought, as I read this, "What perfect timing!" Just last January, my sisters and I sat down to write my father's eulogy.  I began to ponder this question. What would people want to know about me?


Christina Buss Weaver, was born May 22, 1952 in Portland, OR. At the age of eighteen months her parents Roy and Jean Buss felt the call to move to Los Angeles, CA.

At the age of 13 Tina, as she was come to be known, and her family moved to Grants Pass, OR and then the summer of '69 the family again moved to Kansas City, MO where she attended Raytown South High School and graduated there.
In February of 1972 she moved back to Kansas City from Los Angeles. It was that May she went to the Midwest Campgrounds for the Memorial Day clean-up and met Paul Weaver. They had a long conversation that weekend. Later he invited her to visit his family in St. Paul, MN. She flew up to Mn against her parents wishes and that Friday night Paul asked her to marry him. She said yes. They were married November 11, 1972 for (fill in # over 41) years.

Tina had many challenges over the years, but kept a smile on her face. She loved her daughter Lani Weaver and her son Douglas Weaver.

In 1995 she had an operation and lost 125 pounds. What she really lost was the old Tina. The person that never saw the good in herself. Never stepped out to do anything to draw attention to her abilities. After that weight loss, Tina changed. She volunteered for things. To a chance to better herself. She became more confident in her abilities.

One of the things she enjoyed was to attend trade shows. She had no problem stepping out from behind the table and meeting people in the aisle. Talking to people about solving their problems and encouraging them to take a chance where they might have held back.

After she and Paul moved from MN to OR she was asked to take over the organization of the Memorial Day Picnic on the church campgrounds. This clean-up day included the restaurant that was rarely used during the months between the July Camp meeting. She took it on and did a great job organizing the volunteers, changing from a break at 10:00 to serving a breakfast, which had a better attendance. The cleaning of the campground cabins, tabernacle and kitchenettes  was finished in record time.

Another activity Tina was given and she loved was the Christmas and Easter Dramas.  From the very beginning she asked God to guide her in producing, directing and even writing the drama directions. She was especially pleased when those watching experienced the same emotional connection to the drama she did. Often times just telling the actors what to do would bring tears to her eyes.

Tina was part of the planning committee for Christmas on the Campgrounds. She loved to see the campground sparkling and inviting to the thousands that visited. She loved being a greeter and seeing people's amazement and the children's wonder at the lights.

What she had a passion for, was her writing. She crafted many stories over the years but when she moved to Portland, OR she got serious about writing. She loved to ask "What if" and figure out an interesting story. She had (insert # over 5) short stories and novels (insert titles published).  She helped others with their writing and encouraged many.
She belonged to the Dogwood Dollies Red Hat group with her sister Kathy for a time and joined writer's critique as well as book clubs.




Tina Weaver

** Image ID #1634119 Unavailable **
         


             

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813779-My-Eulogy