*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813981-Star-Trek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#813981 added April 17, 2014 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
Star Trek
Prompt: Who is your favorite Star Wars character? Luke Skywalker? Darth Vadar, Yoda, C3PO, R2D2, Ewoks, Jabba The Hut, Hans Solo or Princess Leia? Not a Star Wars Fan? How about Star Trek, V or ET? Have fun with this.

I loved Star Trek. I watched Star Wars, but never connected with the characters the way I did with those who played in Star Trek. I'm not going to name off the main characters that were in the series every episode. I will give  you a run down of my favorite characters in their separate episodes.

First there is "Mudds Women."  I will never forget the end when they unleashed his wife and she came out shaking her finger at him yelling "Harcourt Fenton Mudd!"  He was a smarmy character that had a lot of males chauvinistic ways, much like the men of the early days. This was a show in the mid 1960 when the women's rebellion was at its height.

My next favorite 2-part episode was The Menagerie. A captain and friend of Kirk's had been badly burned and was appealing to be sent to a planet where he would again be what he was. The story was fascinating as it unfolded and the conclusion satisfying.

Then of course, there are the TRIBBLES. Who can forget the colorful, furry, mass reproducing "dust bunnies."

After watching Ogden Stiers Nash in M*A*S*H I saw him in Star Trek:Next generation. I loved his character and the romantic relationship he had. I cried at the end of the episode.

Then there was the Paradise Syndrome where Doc, Spock and Kirk are taken in by Native Americans. It was a great story, but why this is so memorable to me was this follow-up story. 

Years, later a woman who rented the apartment under ours had three children. She told me the name of her daughter was Miramonie (her spelling). When I asked how she came up with that name she said, "My ex-husband and father of my daughter, came to visit me in the hospital after I had our daughter. We were watching a re-run of Star Trek and he loved the woman and her name was very unique. He decided we should name her after that character."
Yep her name is Miramonie.





© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813981-Star-Trek