*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814205-The-Pain-of-Our-Children
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#814205 added April 26, 2014 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
The Pain of Our Children
The Pain of Our Children

I am always amazed at what we as adults put our children through. No, I am not talking about adult children who can fend for themselves, but young children under the age of 18. Those most vulnerable. We say with our mouths how much we love them, and I guess we really do as long as things are going good, but the moment the road gets rugged or dark, the children become the first disposal item.

We use them to fight the significant other or spouse in court. We use them to cover up abuse. We use them to get even with the other person. We deny them. We force them to become wards of the state. We destroy their self-confidence and wonder why they are so stupid or look like their dad or their mom. We push them away. We try to turn them against the other person. We behave with all the spite, hatred, meanness, and deceit we can muster. The object of our previous affection, "makes" us act with deadly accuracy against the most vulnerable, our children. WHY?

I contend that in many cases, children are just pawns. He who gets the children get the prize (not the children, but the prize), and now "I am in control!" "I will show you." Society should not allow this, but we do. Then we wonder why so many children grow up to be adults who repeat the exact same behavior and display it so many different ways, e.g., cutting themselves, molesting their children, becoming prostitutes, and much much worse.

America, justice should not be based on who can afford the biggest, baddest, meanest lawyer. Usually, mothers cannot afford lawyers, and therefore, destined to lose in court. He (the male) almost always controls the money, the health insurance, the better job, and everything else. Although he has spent little or no time with the children, (can't tell you their birthday, their ages, the grades they are in, their strong points, their weaknesses, beyond their names), he gets them.

The courts walk away, but not blameless! The courts in America are responsible for much of the ills in our society. They and the unscrupulous lawyers who learn how to work the system, and are hell bent on winning, not justice just rack up the wins and get to become judges or the larger law firms in the country. When I studied law, I was told, and I learned that law is situational. What is upheld in Georgia, may be denied in Florida. What is the law today, may not be law tomorrow. The laws may not also be enforced. If they were, America would need any more civil rights acts. If they were fairly and justly enforced, the quality of life in America would increase dramatically. Children would stand a chance.

Unfortunately, "our most valuable resource, our children" isn't really that valuable. Even when they are in the states care, horrible things happen to them. Everybody knows, but no one does anything. The answer has been and continue to be "NO MONEY." However, there is money to go to the moon, money to fight several wars at one time in other people's country, money to dump in warehouses from over buying of supplies and equipment, money for cancer research that would be unnecessary if we stopped the sale of cigarettes and adding steroids to food along with other synthetics that cannot be absorbed by the body or classed by the liver or kidneys. This Country has money for everything, but the full protection of our children.

If you haven't been a good father for the past ten years, you are not likely to become a good father tomorrow because the courts were dumb enough or stupid enough to award you your children. The same is true for mothers, but more often than not, it's the father who has turned over all of the child rearing to the mother because "he is the bread winner." NOT! Most mothers work and contribute to the family's income in addition to washing the clothes, handling the shopping, cooking the meals, going to the schools, attending PTA, driving the children to events, teaching them right from wrong, and responsibility. Good mothers should probably give their children to those sorry ass fathers and run the other way, but they want unless ordered to do so by the courts! The courts that turn a blind eye to all truth.

That dumb b_ _ _ _ Justice should take her blindfold off and see truth, experience reality, and walk in the light of day where real people live every day!


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814205-The-Pain-of-Our-Children