*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814289-An-Ennead-Letting-Gos-of-Things
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#814289 added April 19, 2014 at 3:30am
Restrictions: None
An Ennead Letting Go's (of Things)
I have neglected my ennead of letting go's the past week, but today, I am picking them up with "Letting Go of Things."

On a number of occasions I have caught a television show about hoarders.  I will not say that I am a hoarder of major proportion, but in some ways, I am a hoarder.  I am so good that my daughter once said, if you need something and can't find it anywhere else, go to moms.  My son does his shopping at my house first, and then goes to the story when and if he can't find what he is looking for in my house.  So, I've got stuff.  Like the hoarders on television, most items are in good shape and usable.

No, my hoarding has not reduced my little house to paths throughout.  Yes you can see all of my floors, and walk on them.  I also make donations to goodwill, salvation army, and other worthy causes.  My problem is that some many years ago, I stopped making annual donations of clothes, shoes, and other items that the children and I had outgrown or no longer use.  I also do not throw away equipment and parts that I have replaced with the latest model or newer model.  In my heart of heart, I know that I should, but I also know that someone in the family sooner or later is going to want or need it.  So, I save it.

With this new me that I am trying got develop, I have got to reduce my collection significantly.  I have promised for five years that I was going to host and hold a yard sale.  To make sure that I don't ever get it done, I think big.  Make it a block yard sale you will get more people.  Oh, not just the block, how about sponsoring a City-wide yard sale.  You guessed, too big to organize and not enough time to do it.  So, it never gets done, and all of my great items are just getting older and older, and more and more out of date.

Since, I am so good at holding onto things, I made a deal with me.  I will get rid of one bag of something every month.  One week closes, one week shoes, one week pots and pans, so on and so on.  It is working.  I have a lot to go, but someone out there is beginning to get some of those items that I have not used for more than five years.  I am almost ashamed to say that some of the shoes and clothes have ended up in the trash because over the years they have actually dry rotted.  What a waste.  I did not continue using them, and now no one else will.

This has provided me with a very good lesson.  Waste not.  Want not.  God has given me much, and I have not been a good steward.  My goal is to become a much better steward in the future and increase my donations to those most in need.  I am GOING TO GET that YARD SALE done this summer.

I will be letting go of things.




Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814289-An-Ennead-Letting-Gos-of-Things